Can cross-border workers, and people with a B permit, make a third pillar in Switzerland?

Third pillar for corss-border workers

The answer is yes, but not all of them

In fact, every person who practices gainful employment in Switzerland, and declares an income to the first pillar AHV, has the right to make a third pillar. For cross-border workers with source tax, and persons with B permit subject to source tax, the tax authority places additional requirements that must be respected, and the procedure for taking advantage of the tax deduction is slightly different. One of the requirements, for example, is to receive at least 90% of the income in Switzerland. But be careful, we are talking about all family incomes (work, real estate, etc.). Furthermore, before to make a 3rd pillar, it is better to check the coverage of the second pillar and the family situation, so as to obtain a third pillar that perfectly suits your needs. For this reason, personal advice becomes important, and we will be happy to advise you.
To calculate your 3rd pillar click here

Did you know that offers exclusive advantages to the over 40,000 affiliates of the OCST union?

Read the article by clicking here